Scholars and Alumni are invited to register for the Mitchell Institute Leadership Experience (MILE) II — a free, day-long career and leadership development program featuring networking opportunities and representatives from key Maine employers — on Saturday, March 2, 2024.
Designed for current college students, recent graduates, and young professionals, MILE II will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Unum (Home Office No. 3), 2211 Congress St., Portland, 04102.
At MILE II, you can …
- Hear about the career journeys of four Mitchell Scholar Alumni—Henry Beck, Jessica Drescher, Dakotah Dugan, and Joe Marro—in a panel presentation moderated by Caitie Whelan
- Participate in breakout sessions focused on building your professional brand, maintaining a work-life balance, and transitioning into the workforce
- Learn how to improve your resume, interview skills, and networking directly from Maine professionals who do the hiring
- Participate in Career Skill-Building lightning rounds with representatives from key Maine employers
- Learn how to create or improve your resume, cover letter, or LinkedIn profile so your skills can shine
- Practice networking with fellow Scholars, Alumni, employers, and community leaders
- Have a professional headshot taken for your LinkedIn profile
Plus, an optional post-event open house will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Mitchell Institute (75 Washington Ave., Suite 2E, Portland) for continued fun and socializing after MILE II!
Attending MILE II can put you on the path to career success! Just ask Mitchell Scholar Noah Aube ’20.
The registration form includes the option to RSVP for just the open house if you are unable to attend MILE II.
More important details:
- Recommended attire is business professional (wear your best interview clothes!)
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be served
- Carpooling and gas cards are available for attendees traveling from a distance (email the Mitchell Institute for more information)
Parking is available in the lot directly in front of Unum’s Home Office No. 3.
The snow date is the same time on Saturday, March 16
MILE II is sponsored by our loyal and generous partners at Unum!