Scholars and Alumni are invited to register for the Mitchell Institute Leadership Experience (MILE) II — a free, day-long career and leadership development program featuring networking opportunities and representatives from more than 25 key Maine employers — on Saturday, March 4.
Designed for current college students, recent graduates, and young professionals, MILE II will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Unum (Home Office No. 3), 2211 Congress St., Portland, 04102.
At MILE II, you can …
- Meet representatives from key Maine employers — including L.L.Bean, Martin’s Point, TD Bank, Unum, and many more — at the Employer Expo
- Hear words of wisdom from Mitchell Scholar Charis Loveland ’98, a global program manager at Amazon, in an interview with Scholars Speak Podcast host Michele Martin ’99
- Attend workshops to build your career “soft skills” — the qualities that will set you apart in an interview
- Learn how to create or improve your resume, cover letter, or LinkedIn profile so your skills can shine
- Practice networking with fellow Scholars, Alumni, employers, and community leaders
- Have a professional headshot taken for your LinkedIn profile
Plus — an optional post-event open house will be held at the Mitchell Institute (75 Washington Ave., Suite 2E, Portland) for continued fun and socializing after MILE II!
The registration form includes the option to RSVP for just the open house if you are unable to attend MILE II.
- Recommended attire is business professional (wear your best interview clothes!)
- A continental breakfast and lunch will be served
- Carpooling and gas cards are available for attendees traveling from a distance (email the Mitchell Institute for more information)
Parking is available in the lot directly in front of Unum’s Home Office No. 3.
The snow date is the same time on Saturday, March 11
MILE II: Supported by our partners at Unum.
Cultivate. Bloom. Flourish. Cultivating and strengthening your own roots where you are now will help you blossom in the future!